Thursday, July 14, 2011

Ceviche

You know when a recipe reminds you of a memory? It is amazing how a bite of food can bring you way back to a moment and it feels so "current." So today I am going to share a recipe from my Tia (Aunt in Spanish) Liz that I make every summer. It takes me straight back to Guatemala. It takes me straight to my Dad and how much I miss him. So I have attached a picture of him...and the fish we made ceviche with that day. This post is dedicated to the greatest father anyone could ask for.

Mahi Mahi Ceviche
1 1/2 lbs of Mahi Mahi diced into small cubes
10-12 limes
5 Roma Tomatoes chopped
1 Cup of Cilantro chopped
1 Large Yellow Onion diced
3 Tbsp of Worcestershire Sauce
2-3 Tbsp of Salt (depending on your taste buds)
2 Tbsp of Pepper

Dice the raw fish into small cubes in a shallow dish. Squeeze all the lime juice over the fish until almost covered. Salt the fish, cover, and place in refrigerator for 1 hour. After letting it sit for 30 minutes, stir fish and return to the fridge for the last 30 minutes. Once fish has "cooked" in the lime juice (fish will turn opaque), add remaining ingredients and serve cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment