Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Summer & Cucumbers

I love cucumbers...Any way you can make them. Usually I just squeeze some lime and put salt on them (which you must try - trust me)...but today I am making them creamy.
I thought of the idea...well my husband thought of the idea...to turn these mini cucumber sandwiches that our friend Katrina makes into a "salad." And so I did....changing a few things up to make it a little healthier.

3 Cucumbers, peeled and sliced thinly
1/3 Cup of Light Mayo
1 Cup of Greek Plain Yogurt
1 Tbsp. of White Vinegar (red wine is fine if you have it)
1 Clove Minced Garlic
1/2 Tsp. of Paprika
1 Tbsp of Lawreys Season Salt
2-3 Tbsp. of FRESH Dill finely chopped
1 Tbsp of Lemon Zest (optional)

Whisk all ingredients together then add Cucumbers...I always add the Cucumbers last because, depending on the size of the cucumbers, you will know that the "sauce" will evenly coat the cucumbers.

Toss and Serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment